Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mid-November Season's Greetings

The house hunting has stopped. That's mainly because I just couldn't handle the thought of living with 4 other people. I came clean with Rachel one night a couple weeks ago and it felt.so.good to be honest with her. To my (major) surprise, she too wasn't growing majorly apprehensive about the living situation. That's when she and I decided it'd be best to get an apartment. But we've already found our ideal complex and *fingers crossed* we'll be moving in on December 9th or so.

I'm one of those people that detest Christmas before Thanksgiving. I'm every retailers nightmare (which is funny because I used to work retail.) Tom the Turkey needs to have his day. At least let the Detroit Lions finish their game before putting up the Christmas tree! Well, this year it's different. I mainly blame a co-worker who has a countdown in his office along with a Charlie Brown tree and the Pandora Christmas station playing all the time. Add in waking up to rain and I am in the Christmas mood. Pft! Where's the Charlie Brown? The Caramel Brulees at Starbucks?

"You sit on a throne of LIES! And smell of beef and cheese!"


And now I must share one of my many favorite moments from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Lucy: You DO think I'm beautiful, don't you, Charlie Brown? 
[pause
Lucy: You didn't answer me right away. You had to think about it first, didn't you? If you really had thought I was beautiful, you would've spoken right up. I know when I've been insulted. I KNOW WHEN I'VE BEEN INSULTED. 
Charlie Brown: Good grief. 
I? Am totally a Lucy. I am. So let me be in the Christmas spirit. Let me buy the presents. Let me anxiously search for Elf, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation along with the plethora of other holiday movies on TV. 

Have a great Tuesday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment